Wallaby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
metalmad said:
Hi Dave
I want to try and get some form of engine mounting brackets done this weekend before this thing is knocked over and my new plugs broken.
Looking at this photo I recon I will replace the inner nuts on the plugs with a brass washer, that will look heaps better 8)
Pete
SANY0200.jpg

And yes I agree...those plugs will look great that way!

Dave

Pete,

Coming along in leaps and bounds. I wonder who will have the runner party 1st. You or Me ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Coming along in leaps and bounds. I wonder who will have the runner party 1st. You or Me Grin

I can't stand the suspense! :hDe:

Hi Bob
I have heaps to do yet Mate so I guess it will be you, but either way reserve me a seat buddy :)
Hi Tel
I started on a set of engine mounts today and they have given the Engine a "robust industrial chunkiness"
that I really like, the pic doesn't do it justice I recon, Do you like that mate, made it up meself "(;D)"
Pete
SANY0201.jpg

stand.jpg

metalmad said:
<Snip>.
I was just planing on a large water drum but we will see I guess.
<Snip>

Pete

If a 44 gal drum isn't big enough - get one from America - apparently there 50 gal over there :big:

Those engine mounts look sweet.

Bez

Hi Bez
Thanks mate, I was going to bore a hole in the middle too but now I'm not sure, the heavy solid mounts give it a "Massive" look and I think once Ive added all the detail it will all work together. I was going to use the 350 g Lolly tin Ive been saving for the cooling and if we are talking scale then that's a lot of water ;D
Pete

OK,,,,,how many 350g lolly tins fit inside a 55 gallon drum? ;D

Dave

I think I better borrow from Tel
Let me just go have a look for my Tadometer :big:
Pete

If a 44 gal drum isn't big enough - get one from America - apparently there 50 gal over there big laugh

Rof} Yah! But they be 50 US gallons - which comes out to around, lessee ..... 44 real gallons!

steamer said:

Dave

IIRC 831/2 Thousand give or take arf a doz. - assuming imperial grams - if you want that in metric - Please consult your Psychiatrist
;D

And if you eat the lollies please consult your dentist!

steamer said:

Dave

Are the tins round or quadrilateral ???

Are the gallons US or proper ones ???

How many Ozzies does it take to hijack a thread ???

Maryak said:
How many Ozzies does it take to hijack a thread ???

Rof} That's worth a tin of Lollies!

I'm sure I saw a Wallaby a few of posts back
.............you still there Pete scratch.gif

I'm not far away guys
I made the boss for the oil pump drive gear this arvo, I parted off and will turn it around in the 4 jaw tomorrow and broach the 1/8 hole square.
I could have done the broach from the front I guess but thought it would be easier to see from the back. In the pic I have just changed from the drill chuck to a 1/4 mill bit in a ER 40 collet.
Pete
PS
Its a aussie round tin ;D
GEARBOSS.jpg

Big Kev broke off the battery cover on my Camera the other day and its a real PITA holding it together taking pics etc
I really find it hard to understand how a two year old can be so destructive :big:
Anyway I want to siversolder the exhaust and water fittings this week so today I had a bit of a play with how I want the fittings to look. I recon once I polish up all that Stainless Steel pipe it will look OK but im not sure about the top fitting yet. Kind of feels like the Engine is giving me the finger ???
Pete

waterfttngs.jpg

Pete,

The lower you can get that pipe, the lower the top of your radiator (or tin can) can be as the pipe won't have to do a large arc before going downwards.

Maybe you should make the pipe, rather than coming out of the top, have it coming out the side.

Half round bit of brass would work very nicely.

Manifold.jpg

Just a suggestion

John

Great Idea John
That may fit in with all the curves much better than what I had come up with so far.
I may not have a bit of brass that big but it may look OK in alli. I will have a think on it tomorrow
here is another idea I tossed around today.
I may just use a submerged fishtank pump in a bucket of water to run her and leave the tank off the static display.
Pete
tin2.jpg

No need to have a pump Pete.
Just set up a siphon from one higher bucket or tin to a lower one, if you pump the water, it could cool it down too much.

It would work just as well using thermal convection from the bottom of a tin to the top of the same tin, hot water rising and all that.
Just like how the old car radiators used to function.

John

Im going to go with your idea John, it seems to suit the rest of the Wallaby, Many thanks Mate 8)
I drilled holes for the head bolts to sit in, as the fitting looks so much neater with only two countersunk screws.
Pete
curve.jpg

Latest posts

Back