Powder painting a flywheel

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,
Good to see that it all worked, the flywheels look great, the powder looks like it flowed out great. I would like to get into this as well, but I just don't have the room.
Cheers
Andrew
You don't have to dive as deep as Brian did. Many/most skip the sandblaster and use a toaster oven. A spray booth isn't really needed either. I just put either a cardboard or a plastic sheet on the floor. The overspray is very very little due the the electrostatic charge. Far less overspray than a rattle can of paint.

The pics of Brians booth after spraying are probably due the the fan overwhelming the electrostatic charge on the part. He should try it once with the fan off, it might work even better with far less waste.

The pics of Brians booth after spraying are probably due the the fan overwhelming the electrostatic charge on the part. He should try it once with the fan off, it might work even better with far less waste.
I agree, he is just drawing the powder away from the part, into the filter.
I mentioned this earlier.
He will get it all ironed out, and find out the optimal configuration for things.
There is a certain amount of trial and error when learning/setting up a new process.
The flywheels look great, so mission accomplished !

Latest posts

Back