Upshur's opposed twin engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that incorrect valve timing figured out when I seen bubbles around the throttle cross shaft.--But if its leaking air out the carb under compression stroke, then it is also leaking air there during an intake stroke. I like this carb because It's so simple, but I also don't really trust it because it's so simple. I have made up a different intake manifold that will accept one of my tried and true Traxxas carbs. I just got word today from the surgeon that they are going to replace my other knee on the 14th of November.

I had that incorrect valve timing figured out when I seen bubbles around the throttle cross shaft.--But if its leaking air out the carb under compression stroke, then it is also leaking air there during an intake stroke. I like this carb because It's so simple, but I also don't really trust it because it's so simple. I have made up a different intake manifold that will accept one of my tried and true Traxxas carbs. I just got word today from the surgeon that they are going to replace my other knee on the 14th of November.
You seem very confused Brian.

If the carb is leaking under the compression stroke then the valves cannot possibly be sealing ! Also, on a proper intake stroke it cannot possibly leak, there is vacuum in the intake, the only thing that would happen is it would suck air into any leaks, NOT bubble out. Leaks in the intake or carb cause a loss of vacuum and/or the mixture to go lean.

I say a "proper intake stroke" because that assumes the valve timing is correct and the valves seal reasonably well.

A different carb won't change a thing.

Latest posts

Back