Hi Guys

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Sarah and have over the past few months got very interested in the history and construction of steam engines, particularly stationary engines that drove water pumps and general mill engines.

I have an engineering background and my own little lathe and milling machine.

I have started building one of the Stuart steam engines from castings, though I have got a couple of built Stuart steam engines which need a lot of work to get them working.

Regards,

Sarah

welcome sarah this is a good place to learn.
Tin

Hi Sarah and Welcome

As Tin said this is a great place to learn and one of the simpler Stuart Engines is a good starting project which one are you building ?

Regards Mark

Hi Sarah,

Where are you from? Which lathe and mill do you own?

Stuart engines are nice and straight forward, lots of people have made them sucessfully so they are a great place to start.

Jo

A very warm welcome to the forum Sarah, and the best of luck with all your future projects.
Stew.

Hi Guys,

The nice new Stuart set of castings I have to build is a 10H, though I have a Stuart No.4 and a 10V to renovate. The No. 10V is not too bad, though I might make a new cylinder and cylinder head. The No.4 is not too good and that needs quite a bit of work.

I recently changed my lathe and mill, to a Seig SC4 and a Seig X3 mill. My previous lathe and mill, both smaller Seig machines had done sterling work but I needed something a bit more powerful.

Regards,

Sarah

Welcome Sarah. You'll like the X3 mill. I've used mine regularly for 5 years and have no complaints. I don't have personal experience with the SC4 lathe but others who own one have commented favorably.

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Sarah. Welcome to the forum. Plenty of help here when required.

Latest posts

Back