Electronic ignition vs. Old style points and coil

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
]Don't think i'm trying to poo poo your ignition system.

It's not even mine it's one of the HMEM member circuit

All I'm saying is if you need to source everything, the CDI is a good way to go. That's all

Hey I'm with you 100% on this one, but I prefer to build my own stuff
If I happen to do a f..k up I'll get a .25 cents part and not a complete module

cheers

how's that blower coming along??

I don't have any "used parts" either. I have to buy everything new, and the prices I quoted are for new stuff from PartSource right here in Barrie. I just about had a heart attack when I bought my first 12 volt coil for the Webster 5 years ago. Damn---The last time I bought a coil was 1975, and it cost about $12. Now, as I say, they spoil $50. As far as buying used parts------When I build a new engine I have so many "uncertainties" that I just can't afford to buy something that may not be 100% "up to snuff". Luc--Don't take this as an indication that I am in any way beating on you, because I'm not. Its pretty obvious that you know your way around electronic stuff far better than I do. What it comes down to is that I would rather pay an extra $20 to get something that was "pre-wired" and foolproof, rather than put together a system that I'm not sure of because of my own lack of electronic knowledge.

Back