Casting Kits I would like to see For Sale Again

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a great read so far...although the block of wood method is a bit too agricultural for me..

I had to go back and look for the "block of wood" thing.
Where there is a will, there is a way I guess, but yes, wood can crush down, and not necessarily crush evenly from side-to-side.
But a very good article overall I think.

Thanks JasonB for posting that.

Even if the wood compresses when clamping all the important surfaces will be machined at the one setting. Even if it were to move all that would be required would be a bit of filing around the bottom edge of the casting to get the engine upright again.

Maxjon, maybe get some flat bar stock & mount it to that while building, I’ve done that with a couple models, & seen others do it.
I’m also building an S50, although I haven’t made any progress in 6 months or so, this is where I’m at now.
Maybe you & couple others building this engine will give me a kick start to get going on it again.
Good luck with yours.

Attachments

• IMG_1412.jpeg
    IMG_1412.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
As I have mentioned to others, in order to finish an engine build, you have to keep working on it, even if it is just 30 minutes a day.
If you work on it every day, you can maintain some momentum, and eventually you will get it done.
For me, the longer I put off working on an engine, the more difficult I find it to get restarted on it.

Last edited:
Richard, long time no see!
Thanks 4 the KIK, maybe it’ll help.
Did U say Hey! to my favorite boxer, The PacMan while U were in The Philippines?
GreenTwin, i’ve finished 2 casting kit’s from PMResearch, & now building this one from Stuart.
Both places were excellent to work with, & have good kits IMHO.
I have PMR#1 kit on the shelf to do if I ever finish my S50.
Cheers

Richard, long time no see!
Thanks 4 the KIK, maybe it’ll help.
Did U say Hey! to my favorite boxer, The PacMan while U were in The Philippines?
GreenTwin, i’ve finished 2 casting kit’s from PMResearch, & now building this one from Stuart.
Both places were excellent to work with, & have good kits IMHO.
I have PMR#1 kit on the shelf to do if I ever finish my S50.
Cheers
Well, he's a senator now (being groomed for president) so didn't get a chance.

Latest posts

Back