(CAD) 28 Cyl P&W R-4360

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago ther was a plastic model radial see through engine. I chased this down on the internet but found that the few that still exist are generally in poor shape. If you would like to communicate.

Bentwings1@gmail. Com will get to me .
Byron

Bentwings, I am unsure about your comment that "28 cylinders don’t really make a nice even rotation along crankcases"? Then you talk about 4 banks of 7 cylinders. - That's 28 cylinders.
Can you explain what you mean, as it seems a bit confusing?
Thanks,
K2

Bentwings, I am unsure about your comment that "28 cylinders don’t really make a nice even rotation along crankcases"? Then you talk about 4 banks of 7 cylinders. - That's 28 cylinders.
Can you explain what you mean, as it seems a bit confusing?
Thanks,
K2
Hi ok while I realize that the r 4360 has evenly spaced cylinders and slightly twisted along the centerline axis. What I’m suggesting is coupling 4 7 cylinder engines in line I know this is not exactly scale however I’m looking at the effort to put this all together. Back good number of years when I was active in drag racing towing Chrysler supercharged genus was common . We had a single engine car and they simply could not compete ith the twins even eiyhbthevchangingingvrules to attempt to even things out. I built a complete new hemi down the the engine coupling device itvwas sitting on an engine stand waiting forvthe chassis shop to finish the new motor mount plates when the NHRA ruling body canceled the class. I promptly sold the engine and jumped into the new funny car class. Just history the twins ran very nicely crankshaft breakage was the big problem . The new buletbillit cranks solved the issue. So I just looked up Mc master carr shaft couplings and I’m sure it would be relatively easy to connect engine shafts with possibly some relatively easy mods . You are not talking 1200 hp as we were I have a series of model steam engines es connected in this manner as well as my steam turbines. I’m going to stop here as the forum is constantly booting me about and I just can’t seem to get back to where I was. I’ll come back and see if I can un scramble things a bit later today.
Bentwings

Latest posts

Back