Strictly IC ISSUE 37

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdougm

Reaction score
Hi folks!
I looking for STRICTLY I.C. Issue 37 in pdf file or scanned,
I want Randall Cox plans for 40cc V-Twin, I tried to buy through the website but it is permanently down.

Thanks

Doug

Numeriser0001.jpg

Actually 2 photos.
And very good photos too.

You could actually design it from those photos.
I am a bit tempted to start designing one, but I better not begin another project.

Last edited:
Hi folks!
I want Randall Cox plans for 40cc V-Twin, I tried to buy through the website but it is permanently down.

Thanks

Doug

View attachment 156870
I have all issues scanned. I believe I could send you a copy if you still need it.
Jack B.

Hi folks!

Thanks

Doug

View attachment 156870
1728673648758.png

This is the table of content and as you see nothing in this issue about the Cox V-Twin. And I search the entire SIC Database and noting on Randall Cox 40cc V-Twin. Sorry.

Last edited:
Yes!
Please send me it, you can use the https://filetransfer.io and my e-mail sdougm#gmail.com
If you look at my most recent post. There is Nothing in any Strictly IC issue covering the Randall Cox 40cc V-Twin. Sorry, but I scanned the index for all issues then the issues 37,38 & 39. Sorry still nothing.

If you look at my most recent post. There is Nothing in any Strictly IC issue covering the Randall Cox 40cc V-Twin. Sorry, but I scanned the index for all issues then the issues 37,38 & 39. Sorry still nothing.
Just a reminder that SIC is copyrighted and Paul Knapp now owns the magazine. Giving away copies is a violation of the copyright laws.

Just a reminder that SIC is copyrighted and Paul Knapp now owns the magazine. Giving away copies is a violation of the copyright laws.
this has been the situation for a number of years, with no apparent reason and no apparent plan for the future, unless you know something I don't ???

this has been the situation for a number of years, with no apparent reason and no apparent plan for the future, unless you know something I don't ???
It is all in Paul Knapp's hands. He owns the magazine and the copyrights now. When he first got the magazine, I offered to publish it for him separately from Model Engine Builder. He declined.
If he could find help, it might help him open it up. He is not young anymore.
But the copyright is in force and this we on this forum should not be violating it.

It is all in Paul Knapp's hands. He owns the magazine and the copyrights now. When he first got the magazine, I offered to publish it for him separately from Model Engine Builder. He declined.
If he could find help, it might help him open it up. He is not young anymore.
But the copyright is in force and this we on this forum should not be violating it.
you seem to be implying that he is in mental decline, that's not a good formula for rational decisions, it seems everyone is being forced to wait until he passes away and his estate tries to sell the magazine to someone that will make it available, this makes no sense, I won't do it myself but people that want to trade issues of the magazine under-the-table don't cause me to loose any sleep. I don't think in his younger years Paul ever had any intention of making it harder to build model engines, I still remember the advise he gave me that helped me get my Merlin V12 running, he was a champion of builders and designers.

you seem to be implying that he is in mental decline, that's not a good formula for rational decisions, it seems everyone is being forced to wait until he passes away and his estate tries to sell the magazine to someone that will make it available, this makes no sense, I won't do it myself but people that want to trade issues of the magazine under-the-table don't cause me to loose any sleep. I don't think in his younger years Paul ever had any intention of making it harder to build model engines, I still remember the advise he gave me that helped me get my Merlin V12 running, he was a champion of builders and designers.

It is geneally accepted that trading the actual printed old magazines is OK.

The copyright issue arrises when someone distributes copies or large parts of the old magazine either by PM or posting them on a forum

Not totally sure of US law but in the UK I think it remains copyright until 75yrs after the authors death. At least if the ownership of the rights are changing hands on someones passing there is more chance of the new owner making them available sooner.

First of all, I said nothing about his mental health. Like many of us older folks, we have to take it a lot easier than we did when we were younger.

Paul is a friend of mine
It is geneally accepted that trading the actual printed old magazines is OK.

The copyright issue arrises when someone distributes copies or large parts of the old magazine either by PM or posting them on a forum
exactly right about trading or loaning or selling the magazines. Extracting any of the content is a copyright violation.

I would encourage Paul Knapp to forget about everything else, and republish the magazine.
Do it for the hobby.
Let that be the legacy.
It would be greatly appreciated by those of us trying to preserve the model engine hobby.

Latest posts

Back