Model Diesel: 32mm bore, 38mm stroke, indirect injection

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mistake, : near the hole
Lapping the cylinder is really good and you can try it with drill shank
If they can create good enough pressure and then you make a piston that fits the cylinder

This might be a totally useless suggestion, but I have had some success with, instead of using a hardened steel barrel, using a brass barrel, reamed slightly undersize and then repeatedly forcing a correct sized dowel pin in and out of the brass to expand the hole and burnish the finish. It works best if the plunger is also made from one of the dowel pins from the same box of pins. The brass should have enough durability for a model engine, yes?

This might be a totally useless suggestion, but I have had some success with, instead of using a hardened steel barrel, using a brass barrel, reamed slightly undersize and then repeatedly forcing a correct sized dowel pin in and out of the brass to expand the hole and burnish the finish. It works best if the plunger is also made from one of the dowel pins from the same box of pins. The brass should have enough durability for a model engine, yes?
Interesting idea. I think the main challenge with it will be the quality of the dowel pins, I know a lot of them are somewhat 'tri-lobed' due to flaws in the centerless grinding.

What is the bore and stroke of the fuel pump
No pump now. Due to moving overseas I can no longer work on the engine, I did make a new cylinder head for running on petrol with a spark but I doubt I'll have time to fit a carb and ignition system before leaving, and I cannot take the project with me. So it will be shelved for 2 years until I return.

Ahora no tengo bomba. Debido a que me mudé al extranjero, ya no puedo trabajar en el motor. Hice una nueva culata para que funcione con gasolina con una bujía, pero dudo que tenga tiempo de colocar un carburador y un sistema de encendido antes de irme, y no puedo llevarme el proyecto conmigo. Por lo tanto, lo dejaré de lado durante dos años hasta que regrese.
Ohh sorrt

Back