Line-Shaft Clutch

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles Lamont--If you are following this thread, thank you for your suggestion about the pivots in the mechanism. I have rejigged the mechanism to what you suggested, and it really does work much better than the way I originally had it.---Brian
Brian, you are welcome. I am pleased to see it has kept you out of mischief for a couple of days.

Bravo Mr. Rupnow

I remember your other clutch (Last Year?) and I believe that I like this one better.

The ball elevator is on my "someday gotta build this" list and now I think I gotta build the clutch, too.

Regards, and Thank You again,

--ShopShoe

This was a fun project, even if the first attempt gave less than stellar results. I really like the second, final version. I was so burned out on machining from my July thrash on the vertical engine that I haven't wanted to do any machining until last week when this came up. The total duration of this project was 6 days, including the first version which I wasn't really happy with. It is getting more and more difficult to find projects that interest me. I think I'm up to 23 or 24 finished engines now, 12 of which are i.c. and 11 or 12 that are steam/air powered. I'm tired of building engines. I want to build another interesting machine to drive with my engines. Currently I have the slinky machine, the bubble blowing machine, the ball elevator that appears in the video, a sawmill, a buzz saw, a wood splitter, a piston pump, a gear pump, an oil well "grass-hopper" pump, a pile driver, and a semi-complete marble automation. I think that perhaps I will design and build a "walking beam conveyor" for my next project. They are fascinating to watch, and just different enough to be interesting.

Latest posts

Back