Hi guys new to the hobby but not the industry

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmetty

Reaction score
Hi there i came across this board a while ago and for months i was just trolling the threads and learning how to do what i really wanted.

Well now that I've done a lot of the work i set out to do i figured i would introduce myself. I'm a fairly technically inclined individual who tends to try things that either haven't been done before or were not really brought to their potential.

That being said Ive done things such as totally reverse engineered paintball guns that were then improved upon until the goals we set were met. The smart parts impulse was our main marker to modify but due to it production end and current lack of interest the work has died off. I also worked on r/c cars for friends essentially making parts that were either unavailable or so expensive that unless you had serious cash you would never have. I actually made a custom one off 4 speed automatic trans for a t-maxx based of the original 2 speed.

I'm amazed at the quality of work done in these home shops and even the machines you guys have made to do your work its simply amazing. I'm lucky and have a complete conventional and CNC shop at my access so i can make some parts in more quantity or faster than possible conventionally. I'm not discrediting anyone cause most of your work is above and beyond what most people could ever achieve. I'm just really lucky to have a dad that happens to be the head machine shop instructor at a community college.

I love machining its basically a deep rooted passion and i cant get away from it. I have great machines at my access and now that i have gained enough knowledge to make my scale engine i hopefully will

schmetty,

Welcome to our forum wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Schmetty, what scale engine are you planning on?

Regards Brock

Welcome Schmetty, thanks for the nice introduction...will look forward to your participation and contributions.

Regards,
Bill

Hi schmetty,

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Schmetty,

I also use Mcam and solidworks and used to do all my modeling in Mcam too. I have now gotten much more comfortable with solidworks and wonder why I resisted changing for so long.

I made a spring loaded bumper for my T-Maxx.and various other parts since then but nothing like a transmission. Got any pics of it?

All the best with your engine design and build!

Latest posts

Back