Hello from musical instrument maker

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatDart

Reaction score
Hello - I have to admit I am not making any steam engines! I am a maker of woodwind instruments and have to do quite a lot of small-scale maching to make the tools I need. I have a Harrison L5 long-bed and an Emco compact 8E lathes, no milling machine unfortunately.
Cheers
Mat

Welcome Mat, we have some very good machinists here (I am a mediocre machinist, but I can get by and make things function without binding).
I use information I gather here for off-topic designs, such as building foundry equipment.
As far as I am concerned, any information is useful information.
I have had to research music with regards to building steam whistles, and getting the tone correct.

Glad to have you here.

Pat J

Hello - I have to admit I am not making any steam engines! I am a maker of woodwind instruments and have to do quite a lot of small-scale maching to make the tools I need. I have a Harrison L5 long-bed and an Emco compact 8E lathes, no milling machine unfortunately.
Cheers
Mat
Welcome to the group

Dave

Cheers
Mat
I start with South Bend 9 , drill press and a bench grinder. I did have a milling attachment for lathe. I did alot that group including engine parts.
Today you find a milling attachment on Amazon and Walmart for under $100.00 today.

Dave

Latest posts

Back