DIVIDING PLATE ..DIY ..Help...!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All !
There are many ways to make dividing plate
Thanks for your comments and thanks for sharing !!

I just finished a dividing plate
A 40 and 35 hole plate
The 35 hole plate had 1 hole in the wrong position, I fixed it by pressing a small pin and re-drilling.
On the 40 and 35 plate there are 2 holes from which when changing the position between I can cut the 35 and 70 tooth gear
I will finish it and cut the gear and will inform the result

20241008_182752.jpg
20241008_183314.jpg
20241008_183233.jpg
20241008_183107.jpg
20241008_183038.jpg

I think G-code would be the least to pose a problem. Hand coding the drill program should be straight forward enough.
There are lots of obstacles and challenges more serious than the G-code. :cool:
The goal is to put effectively a center punch equivalent into a steel disk. Then use a drill press and a centering sharpened drill or centering drill followed by a reamer. And I would make sure the motor is well mounted so the cut is repeated.

The goal is to put effectively a center punch equivalent into a steel disk. Then use a drill press and a centering sharpened drill or centering drill followed by a reamer. And I would make sure the motor is well mounted so the cut is repeated.
Yes, I assumed that. Drilling 4 or 6 mm plunger holes would possibly not work anyway.
Easy to overestimate the accuracy of those printers. Dividing a distance into a number of steps, does not automatically ensure the steps beeing equal.
In the example, PCB milling of a very simple single sided board, it is sufficient if features are somewhat in the right spot. For through hole components location errors of 0.1 mm will probably never cause any issue.
If a maximum deviation of +-0.1 mm is required over a distance of 150 or 200 mm it is an entire different story.

Even with a small drill quite some pressure is required to drill steel.
A good oportunity for the printer to help the drill to wander, cause deviations. (Worst case the Z-axis of the printer starts loosing steps)

Greetings Timo

Back