DIVIDING PLATE ..DIY ..Help...!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Indian,
Please can you add a picture of the back cover of the Zeus book? - It may help for those of us without the copy you have.
Thanks,
Minh-Thanh, without CAD I find this of little use, as I can't make a picture (but can copy yours!), but you seem to have a method that works for you. (What is pamme? - or panme? you seem to use 2 spellings?).
Is this "by eye" - or is it by indexing on x-y coordinates? I wonder if it as accurate as indexing off gears? (Indexing by gears systems had been used for a century of more before Mr Babbage invented his calculating machine).
Of course, without the change wheels on the lathe an alternative to gear indexing is needed. - So I should like to understand your method. It looks - from my interpretation of the picture - as if you are indexing by using a stop on the workpiece and indexing 9.23mm at a defined radius? - I can't figure how to do this on a blank after machining only the first tooth gap?
K2

Last edited:
sorry have tried photos and scanning but the condition is awful but to the rescue comes YouTube . just do a search for bolt hole calculation there are several and among the best IMHO is Joe Pie ,tom stikkelman or r. dean Odell

Hi K2
I read your posts in this thread but they don't fit what I have : I don't have odd gears , but your comments will help someone so I'm silent .
my fault : PANME
This is my idea
Part7.jpg

Back