What's Happening in Chazz's Shop?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glammed Up my Kant-Twist Clamps

Got tired of sore fingers from the skinny T-handles so finally I broke down and added grips:
20240407 Kant-Twist Handles.jpeg

4-1/2", 2-1/2", 2" & 1" clamps (some are Kant-Tiwst-ish); mostly Weaver-Grip™ courtesy of a Zoro 20% coupon, but a few copies improved versions from eBay (the Weaver's went on easier, even on the non-branded clamps). The baby 3/4" has a knurled knob. Still need another grip for a lonely 1" (Zoro had limited stock for the small ones).

I do have a problem: I found a bare spot that is begging for more clamps.

More Hardware Storage

I found unused wall space in the "Dry Goods Storage Pantry:"

20240612 More Hardware Storage rfs.jpg

You know what they say, "Nature Abhors a vacuum."

2 Bolt Depot Racks, 9 Plano Boxes from Amazon (plus a leftover Bolt Depot box), 8 TapCons and I can finally put away the extra hardware I bought when I added DRO's to the Mini-Lathe last October.

Zoro & KBC Deliveries

Purchased 3/4" & 7/8" Hyde "Industrial Hand Knives" from Zoro with last week's 20% off email deal:

Zoro Hyde Industrial Knife.jpeg

Plus some more Machinists Jacks (to get over $50 free shipping threshold):

Machinists Jacks.jpeg

And my backordered Expanding Transfer Punches & Thin/Mini Sine Bar arrived 2 months earlier than expected:

20240617 KBC.jpeg

Heard about punch set here, and the baby sine bar here. After FOMOGO's post on H-M, KBC sold out ("some guy posted about them and we got about 150 orders") and they didn't expect to get my order filled until August. When I learned about the sine bar (at $12 I had to have one) I called KBC and they added it to the open order, so the exorbitant $16 shipping was spread out over a couple of items.

Another Sine Bar?

Somewhere in the last few weeks I saw a post showing a Kingmann White Mini-Sine bar(I've spent the last couple of days – not full time – searching for the post over the four Forums I belong to and can't find it). Anyway, I had to have one (I know, like many or all of us here I have an addiction), and thanks to eBay I now do:

Kingmann White Mini-Sine rfs.jpg

The tool cleaned up nicely and I figured out that the captive SHCS in the body locks the pivoting bar in place. The bottom of the body is V's and has a magnetic sandwiched in it so that you can use it on round stock.

And a bonus: in addition to the inspection certificate dated 1965, under the foam padding in the bottom of the box I found this:

Kingmann White Orig Invoice rfs.jpg

Latest posts

Back