Three piece mold for sparkplug boots

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
At some point over the last ten years, on one of my small engine forums, someone had posted plans for a three piece mold to cast your own sparkplug boots from silicone. I'd like to have a closer look at that post now, but I can't find it. Does anybody have a link to that post?---Brian

Brian,
I remember that, he made black, white and clear boots, I will have a look around and see if I can find it
Cheers
Andrew

Thanks Andrew---That's not the thread I was thinking of, but it shows everything I would have to know to create my own molds.----Brian
Brian,
That is not the one I was thinking about either, just the first I found, I think the one I was thinking about is on another site.
Cheers
Andrew

Seems to me someone posted a way to use rubber automotive vacuum hose fittings (Dorman?) to make boots on some forum in the recent past.
Yes, for the 1/4 size spark plugs. Quick, easy and cheap.

Dorman #47410 soft vacuum elbow is what I use on all my engines with 1/4-32 plugs.
Used to be available at almost every car parts supplier. But last time I checked they had to order them because the cars they used to be used on are all in the scrap pile by now.
Pretty cheap, nice looking and easy to use.
I believe the were recommended in one of Jerry Howells plans.

Latest posts

Back