Stuart S50 completed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_1984

Reaction score
Here's my Stuart S50 just completed. I started it nearly 40 years ago! I bought the kit at the Model Engineering Exhibition in Wembley (I think!) and started it, but I was working on a Peatol lathe which wasn't up to the job, and neither were my skills! I tinkered with it, and my brother did a little bit of it over the years, but mostly it sat under a bench! Earlier this year I dragged it out and was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't a heap of rust! The flywheel was a bit rusty, which I fixed with Evapo-rust, which bit me in the bum. Long story, but I posted a video on it on my YouTube channel. It's only a 3 minute watch, and it's surprising how many people thought the flywheel was cracked! It wasn't of course.

A quick skim fixed that.

I have now finished painting it and making it pretty, and am very pleased with it! My daughter did the lettering, and she's keen to point out!

Thanks! I wanted something a bit different from the traditional black and green! Very happy with the red and cream, with the bronze cylinder and red wood lagging.

Latest posts

Back