Six cycle engine running much better

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, that is the actuator arm, or push rod from the cam to the exhaust valve. The slotted brass part is just a cover to hold the arm in place to slide.

To be clear, the basic design is from Philip Duclos.
I modified the head/intake/exhaust design quite a bit to my liking and used bearings on the crank and big end rod.
I have some construction pics, But I have it fully modeled in CAD.

Sid

I'll have the 1895 Mery pretty much done by end of August I'm figuring..... so we'll see how I get that running.
What fuel are you using?
Original Mery ran on coal gas.... not an option any more. Don't want to run on propane...stinks to much.

Very, very nice!
Please explain:
1- what is bought as-is vs what is done by you. All looks very "polished"! (no suspicion; just invitation to tell more)
2- how does engine work (what is centrifugal regulator's role and how it interferes with other parts. How many strokes bypasses at minimum).
3- exhaust valve is closed about 33% of full cycle and 66% more or less open?

I'll have the 1895 Mery pretty much done by end of August I'm figuring..... so we'll see how I get that running.
What fuel are you using?
Original Mery ran on coal gas.... not an option any more. Don't want to run on propane...stinks to much.
I'm using 110 LL AV gas with some Marvel Mystery oil mixed in.
The AV gas doesn't stink nearly as bad as pump gas. I run it inside all the time.

Very, very nice!
Please explain:
1- what is bought as-is vs what is done by you. All looks very "polished"! (no suspicion; just invitation to tell more)
2- how does engine work (what is centrifugal regulator's role and how it interferes with other parts. How many strokes bypasses at minimum).
3- exhaust valve is closed about 33% of full cycle and 66% more or less open?
The only things I bought are the gears (readily available here) the spark plug an the S/S ignition, ball bearings. The rest I made.
If you want, you can email me and I can send pictures.
Send a PM ad I'll send you my email.

Sid

What fuel are you using?
I'm using 110 LL AV gas with some Marvel Mystery oil mixed in.
The AV gas doesn't stink nearly as bad as pump gas. I run it inside all the time.w
at the museum we use Coleman stove gas..... low octane but smells like a zippo lighter

Latest posts

Back