Mark saying Hi!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_1984

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Mark here just for a quick introduction. I do a bit of model engineering, and also some scale modelling. Can’t say I an expert, but I seem to muddle my way through most things! I’ve made a couple of hot air engines and a steam engine along with a few shop tools. There’s nothing quite so satisfying as using a tool you made yourself!

I do have a YouTube channel. ModellingMark if anybody is interested.
Here’s a short video of one of the first engines I built.

Looking forward to joining in the chat

Thanks for taking the time to post a working link! I'm alway happy to receive constructive criticism on my videos.
I'll post some more machining content in the near future. I've got another couple of project on/under the bench!

Hi folks,

Mark here just for a quick introduction. I do a bit of model engineering, and also some scale modelling. Can’t say I an expert, but I seem to muddle my way through most things! I’ve made a couple of hot air engines and a steam engine along with a few shop tools. There’s nothing quite so satisfying as using a tool you made yourself!

View attachment 158723

Welcome to the group

Dave

Hi folks,

View attachment 158723

Is that actually as quiet as it seem? What an interesting beam engine. Is it possible to see the opposite side? It looks like two cylinders but could be a pump or something.

Is that actually as quiet as it seem? What an interesting beam engine. Is it possible to see the opposite side? It looks like two cylinders but could be a pump or something.
It's a hot air engine and is almost silent. The glass cylinder/piston is the displacer, and the steel cylinder on the other side is the power piston. This was a casting kit from Wiggers. A German company I think is no longer trading.

IMG_6303.jpeg IMG_6304.jpeg

Here's a thermo-acoustic engine that sits next to it in the cabinet. This was a material kit from Bengs Modellbau.

IMG_6305.jpeg

Latest posts

Back