High pressure pump

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruben

Reaction score
Hola
Quiero planos para bomba de alta presión

Alguien me puede ayudar

Perdón por muy inglés, estoy para España.

What kind of pump? It would help people to know what you are after.
Very true!
hello
can help me to find plans for high pressure pumps

What is considered high pressure?
What do you want to pump?
Volume per time?
Energy source you have in mind?
Are you in it for the build fun, or just want a pump? (make or buy or re-purpose?)
Pumps are relatively cheap compared to the effort to make one.

Greetings Timo

¡Muy cierto!

¿Qué se considera alta presión?
¿Qué quieres bombear?
¿Volumen por tiempo?
¿Fuente de energía que tienes en mente?
¿Te interesa construir por diversión o simplemente quieres una bomba? (¿hacer, comprar o reutilizar?)
Las bombas son relativamente baratas en comparación con el esfuerzo que supone fabricarlas.

Saludos timo
Hola quiero bombardear lodo
presion max 400 bares

es por diversion

Start looking at "gear pump".
You can adjust your requirements from there.
At least it's a helpful answer, never seen so many "SA" answers.
I'm pretty sure the sand in the mixture ruben needs to pump will destroy a gear pump rather quickly.

Best to look at centrifugal or Tesla pumps; they wont produce the pressure he wants, but at least they can handle pumping abrasives.

Commercially, very high pressure mud is often pumped with plunger (not piston, I explicitly mean plunger) pumps tied to hydraulic cylinders or air cylinders. A 4 valve double acting piston pump layout also exists but my limited knowledge is that those are only for bentonite slurry aka drilling mud vs literal mud.

I am assuming you mean literal mud as in dirt.

Before someone jumps on me about piston mud pumps:
I'm sure piston mud pumps exist but with plunger pumps, the packing is easily changed and the lack of internal interference means no metal on sand coated metal wear points.

If you google "live steam boiler plunger pump" you will get a bunch of ideas on the basic layout of a simple plunger pump. Then just scale the design.

YouTube has some videos of hydraulicly actuated mud plunger pumps, but I can't seem to find one to link to.

Latest posts

Back