Hello From Colorado

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rower_74

Reaction score
Retired engineer. Always enjoyed metal and machine work but spent my career in advanced fiber reinforced polymer composites. Had a decent lathe and a Bridgeport to support my business before retiring/moving but couldn't justify moving them (cross country move and not enough space in the new house) so have spent the last 5 years reconstituting the shop. Always wanted to build small steam and other engines but never had time. The shop is finally taking shape and I've build a couple of wobblers so far. Will grow from there . . .

Welcome, glad to have you here.
Those first wobblers will get you hooked, and after that, the sky is the limit.

It took me about a year to build an insulated heated/cooled shop in the garage.

Welcome, glad to have you here.
Those first wobblers will get you hooked, and after that, the sky is the limit.

It took me about a year to build an insulated heated/cooled shop in the garage.

Thanks! I've been having a lot of fun modifying the machines to improve performance and making tools. (It seems there's always another too I "need".) Now on to fun projects :)

Retired engineer. Always enjoyed metal and machine work but spent my career in advanced fiber reinforced polymer composites. Had a decent lathe and a Bridgeport to support my business before retiring/moving but couldn't justify moving them (cross country move and not enough space in the new house) so have spent the last 5 years reconstituting the shop. Always wanted to build small steam and other engines but never had time. The shop is finally taking shape and I've build a couple of wobblers so far. Will grow from there . . .
Almost around the corner from my oldest son in Denver. Every time we visit there seems to be a "project" I get to help with. <G>

My shop here has a few toys including a homebrew CNC... but only large enough for models...

Gordon (also retired but IT)

Almost around the corner from my oldest son in Denver. Every time we visit there seems to be a "project" I get to help with. <G>

My shop here has a few toys including a homebrew CNC... but only large enough for models...

Gordon (also retired but IT)
Welcome to the group I too am retired engineer . Mostly automation but fluid dynamics and structural analysis . Much water under the bridge. Now into giant scale war birds using carbon fiber and molding . Also toolmaker and designer . Med prevents much shop work now but I’m helping my son pick up where I left off . I have a pair of mill steam engines 4 cyl double acting . They kee me bus.

Welcome to the group I too am retired engineer . Mostly automation but fluid dynamics and structural analysis . Much water under the bridge. Now into giant scale war birds using carbon fiber and molding . Also toolmaker and designer . Med prevents much shop work now but I’m helping my son pick up where I left off . I have a pair of mill steam engines 4 cyl double acting . They kee me bus.
Thanks! I'm enjoying my time in the shop although I have enough other interests/responsibilities it's always a juggle. Let me know if you need any advice with the carbon. I spent my career in the carbon fiber industry. My current objective is to design/build engines but I've got a ways to go. Still copying other's plans.

Latest posts

Back