G'day all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clonoid

Reaction score
Hi - I'm a beginner home machinist and found this forum while looking for potential future projects. I live near Bunbury, Western Australia.
While I have good mechanical aptitude there's a fair bit I don't know about material choices and machining techniques.

So far I've made a few little bits and pieces for my 80 series LandCruiser, such as an aluminium nut for one of the rear windscreen wiper mounts and a front wiper mount which I'm most pleased with, an aluminium sleeve with Delrin bushes mounted at an angle in a plastic block - works very nicely and looks like it will last pretty well.

I have an MP25 mini mill from Redfox machinery, and a small Chinese lathe (8" X 20") The mill looks like a cousin of the one Blondihacks had where the motor control board crapped out, and I had a similar experience from out of the crate. Redfox got it sorted eventually, it took some time with me being on the other side of Australia so I couldn't just return the whole thing, and Redfox doing all the comms with the Chinese manufacturer. I ended up with a spare head minus motor and control board which I'll make into something useful one day ( have seen Andy's Machines on YouTube)

I have just about finished installing a TouchDRO on the mill, got it working easily but need to sit down and read the calibration instructions and carry them out.

Engines - I'm interested in building a Lynx 15 and/or a Firefly 46 as part of branching out from slope gliders. No interest in steam or stationary/display engines
I prefer metric stuff where possible, its just neater

Welcome mate I’m in Melbourne if you Eva need anything happy to help

Back