Ford model t engine plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Ruben !
I can see your struggle while obtaining the Ford Model T engine parts drawings.
Simple 2D drawings are quite obsolete nowadays so please refer to the following address: https://grabcad.com/library/190-ford-model-t-engine where you can easily download a .STEP file of the entire Ford Model T engine thus opening it using any 3D software program such as FreeCad, Onshape, Solidworks, Tinkercad or even Autodesk123D Design. To do so, you must first register in GRABCAD and sign in then you'll have access to THOUSANDS of different 3D files of all kinds one can imagine.

You'll then have ALL the detailed parts in 3D form in such a way you can take mesurements of every part to further 3D printing or even manufacture them on your lathe. But please have in mind the original engine consists of different materials such as hardened, quenched steel, metal alloys and so forth just in case . . .

There must be a great deal of dedication and skills to building it ! Enjoy !

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 02.png
    02.png
    271.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 03.png
    03.png
    302.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 04.png
    04.png
    342.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 05.png
    05.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
Hello Ruben !
Simple 2D drawings are quite obsolete nowadays so please refer to the following address: https://grabcad.com/library/190-ford-model-t-engine where you can easily download a .STEP file of the entire Ford Model T engine thus opening it using any 3D software program such as FreeCad, Onshape, Solidworks, Tinkercad or even Autodesk123D Design. To do so, you must first register in GRABCAD and sign in then you'll have access to THOUSANDS of different 3D files of all kinds one can imagine.

You'll then have ALL the detailed parts in 3D form in such a way you can take mesurements of every part to further 3D printing or even manufacture them on your lathe. But please have in mind the original engine consists of different materials such as hardened, quenched steel, metal alloys and so forth just in case . . .

Hello thanks you ron4vt

Hello Ruben !

https://cdn.imagearchive.com/homemodelenginemachinist/data/attach/112/112332-05.png

My memory of the last time (40 YAG) I had my Model T (1924 1 ton truck, with a Ruckstell two speed rear axle, note do not disengage while on a steep hill, or attempt to change gears), the crankshaft does not have counterbalance throws, they were simple forging molds used. But the other rendered drawings look nice on the outside.
In 1926, I think the middle of the model year, they added two bolts between the transmission cover and the rear engine block.
I assume the model year for the rendered drawings above, were from an early engine, 1909ish.
The oil pan and engine/transmission mount, is drawn steel on the real engine, that should be interesting to make a correct rendered model of those features.
There should be three, 1/4 turn pet cocks on the side of the transmission pan, these are for oil fill check.
Making a semi automatic transmission with planetary gears should be a fun project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T_engine

By the time that happens, I will not remember to do so. Just track the magazine at modelenginebuilder.com.
hi mike - its fred eisner - havent chatted with you for a long time and its good to see that you are upright - the last issue i received was #38 - have there been any others - thanks fred

hi mike - its fred eisner - havent chatted with you for a long time and its good to see that you are upright - the last issue i received was #38 - have there been any others - thanks fred
Me too.
Ron

Is there any reason why you are not listing #39 in the back issues section. I don't recall getting an email as I would have bought #39. and having had a subscription from the start in multiples of 4 issues I would have hoped 39 fell within the current sub.

I'm glad to be upright myself, thank you.
#39 has been out for several years. We sent emails out to all subscribers. If you don't have one, email [email protected] to get yours.
After several years of medical problems, I am starting on # 40.
I send you a email

Fortunately, we do have a 'real' engine to work with.
What's the serial number on the side of the block. I think it's just above the water outlet hole that goes to the radiator. It's stamped into a flat machined surface there.
That will tell you the year that engine was manufactured.
There were some design improvements over the 15 years of that engines life. Like the valve cover going from two plates to one.

Hey, good afternoon! You can find plans and measurements for the Ford Model T engine parts in technical libraries or automotive museums. They often have original documentation. You can also search websites dedicated to classic cars.

PS: Check out automotive forums; you can find great information there too! :)

Latest posts

Back