Fastener cross reference

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trlvn

Reaction score
Hi:

I'm a newbie to making model machines. Several of us in our club (Hamilton Model Engineers Club, Ontario, Canada) are going to build a David Croft design. In his article, there is a discussion of using fasteners with appropriate size heads, etc, to achieve an authentic look. His design uses UNC/UNF threads (2-56, 2-64 to 6-40). He suggests making up batches of fasteners to build up a stock for future projects.

I don't have any UNC dies below #6 and only a couple of taps. By chance, I DO have a set of BA taps and dies from #0BA to #11BA. I seem to recall seeing a cross reference chart somewhere that helped suggest metric v. UNC fasteners. (But I can't find that chart.) Is there such a chart for BA v. UNC v. metric?

Craig
(I think I want to make a Joe Pie knurled knob for the taps, too.)

I have been getting fasteners from Godshalls/AME and while they seem a little expensive, they really look good, and making little fasteners is really time consuming.(for me, at least). Also, they go to #0-80, not sure Microfasteners goes below #4, and I'd wonder about their head sizes.
Doug

Back